Whether we like it or not, Daylight Savings Time comes around twice a year. Next Sunday (March 9th), we’ll have to “spring forward” and set our clocks ahead by one hour. We’ll also have to suffer though “losing” sixty precious minutes of beauty sleep…
Not getting enough sleep usually leads to puffy eyes, dark circles and an overall dull complexion. It can also cause grogginess and irritability. With tired eyes and a cloudy head, it’s tough to have a good day; even with your vapor cigarettes close-by.
Prepare yourself for the time change by following some of our tips on how to look more awake. You may even find a new technique to add to your beauty routine!
1. Drink a lot of water. A dehydrated body will cling to any liquid it can find; including the fluid that loves to hang out under your eyes. Leave puffiness at the door and make sure you’re getting enough H20 throughout the day.
2. Treat your eyes to a cold compress. Keep two spoons in the freezer and hold them over your eyes until the spoons warm up. Or, steep two tea bags in hot water, cool them off in the refrigerator, lie down and hold them over your eyes for about ten minutes. Green and black caffeinated teas help constrict blood vessels and reduce swelling – herbal teas like chamomile contain anti-irritants that soothe redness and inflammation.
3. Enjoy an old-school remedy for tired eyes, with cucumbers or potatoes. Cucumbers have astringent properties that revitalize the skin and potatoes are anti-inflammatory. Just cut off a couple of thin slices, find a quiet spot to lie down and cover your eyes for about 15 minutes. You’ll look wide awake when you’re done!
4. Use eye cream in the morning AND at night. Why not try to avoid tired eyes altogether? Before bed, apply an anti-aging eye cream so that the ingredients can work their magic as you sleep. Your day-time eye cream won’t have to work as hard and you’ll shave a few precious minutes off your morning beauty regimen.
5. Wave your magic mascara wand. Just a little bit of mascara will make your eyes look more open (even if they’re not!). Apply a coat or two, add a touch of lip gloss and put your best face forward!
6. Don’t rub! Rubbing irritates the skin and could break the tiny capillaries beneath the surface, causing both redness and puffiness. Need something to do with your hands? Try one of our smokeless cigarettes.
7. Wear a big pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes (and the skin around them) from the sun’s harmful rays, as well as dust, fumes and wind. You’ll exude glamour and confidence. Pick up the new VC Smartphone Clutch (the newest of our electronic cigarette cases) and you’ll have room to store your shades as well as your vapor cigarettes!
The skin under your eyes is the most delicate skin on your body, so treat it well!
What do you do to make yourself look more awake?