The first day of spring 2014 was yesterday, March 20th. As we head into a new season, the ladies here at Vapor Couture™ are focused on two things: refreshing our wardrobes and diving into spring cleaning. Earlier this week, we went over how to organize our closets in preparation for warmer months to come. Today, we want to bring the spring cleaning phenomenon to your vapor cigarette batteries.
Why Clean My VC™ Batteries?
Any object we use frequently will eventually become dirty; the same goes for e-cigs. After being handled for several hours a day, stored in our purses and resting on various surfaces, vapor cigarette batteries develop bits of dust and debris around the metal threads.
To maintain maximum performance, it’s essential to clean your VC batteries periodically; ideally, you would do it once per week. You just need a few household implements and about five minutes to complete this simple process.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Object with a point (needle, toothpick, tweezers, etc.)
• Alcohol wipes or rubbing alcohol
• Tissues (or paper towels)
1. Prepare your workspace by placing a tissue on a hard, flat surface. Arrange all of your implements on top of the tissue.
2. If you haven’t already, remove the flavor cartridge from your vapor cigarette battery to expose the metal threads – this is the part you’ll be cleaning.
3. With the pointy instrument, carefully dislodge any debris blocking the air holes or lining the threads on the outer part of the battery.
4. Moisten the toothbrush with a bit of alcohol, and then brush off the outer part of the threads and air holes to remove any residue.
5. Start working on the inner portion of the battery and loosen any sediment between the center post and the threads by gently scraping with your pointy instrument.
6. Place the toothbrush on a flat surface, bristles facing up – then, place the threaded end of the battery on top of the bristles and gently rotate the battery in circles.
7. Finish by giving the entire battery a gentle brush and then wiping with a tissue. See how it sparkles!
***Be careful not to get any moisture inside your VC battery – this could render it useless.
FINAL STEP: Re-attach your favorite VC Flavor Cartridge (Passion Fruit, anyone?) and enjoy a relaxing break with your vapor cigarette…
Have you cleaned your vapor cigarette batteries lately? Share your thoughts in the comment section.